Monday, February 4, 2013

Super Bowled Over

Super Bowl party went well. Turns out, I didn't break it after all!

*whew*

I didn't end up serving the chili, because let's face it, deep-fried man food wins leaps and bounds over anything remotely healthy on The Biggest Football Game Day Ever. But I did serve the crostini, and it was actually quite popular, so one point for chick food!

Plus, the Ravens won, so the homophobic 49ers can SUCK IT!!! (sorry Kelly)

And now we move on to life after football (thank god). Don't get me wrong, I'm okay with football. I'm okay with most sports, in general.

(Except basketball, because I don't understand it)

(And I refuse to watch tennis because it's boring)

(And golf... well, golf isn't really a sport)

I just... well, suffice it to say there is a sense of relief that there will be a space of time that I won't spend my weekend listening to misogynistic, jock-brained announcers who always seem to speak in some version of a yell.

At least, until baseball starts.

(GO MARINERS!!!)

So what does post-football life entail for yours truly? Well, in summary, all the same things as it did before.

Minus the TV yelling at me, of course.

Today both older kids are home from school with fevers, and if we manage to get through the day without them killing each other, I'll consider that a success. Little one is sick too, which makes me sad. He sounds like he smokes three packs a day, which is somewhat amusing but mostly disturbing on a two-and-a-half year old. Besides that I have mountains of laundry, a new week's worth of school work, and a sink full of the remnants of Super Bowl dishes.

Yay for Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment