Monday, February 25, 2013

*grumble*grumble*

Okay, so I have a little rant that I need to get off my chest.

So as you know I am in school working on a business degree. Since I have kids and am limited by their schedules at the moment, I am taking my classes online. 

In a lot of ways, it's great. It gives me the flexibility to "go to school" whenever it's convenient for me, be that 8 in the morning or 11:30 at night. It saves me from having to make a hellacious commute. And it especially saves me from having to deal with vacuous 20-year old dingbats named Jessica and their insistence on chewing their gum with their mouths open.

Amirite?!?

Of course I'm right.

We've all been stuck sitting next to "that girl" at some point in time, and you know it takes every ounce of self-restraint not to knock the gum out of her mouth and give her the withering look of death.

'You want to go home and rethink your life....'

ANYHOODLE!!! In spite of all the positive aspects of taking online classes, there is one major drawback that drives me completely bonkers.

All of your interactions with your classmates take place via the school's website, usually through a set of predetermined discussion questions. This means you are forced to read through the dozens of typed responses and reply to a set number of them to 'further the discussion'.

And herein lies the problem. 

People SUCK AT GRAMMAR!!!!!

It drives me freaking bonkers!

I just want to reach through the computer screen and slap 'em around a bit. Where the hell did you go to school?!?

(If their response is Darrington, Sedro-Woolley, or Concrete... well, then, I apologize, you can't help it)

(Kidding, kidding, much love for the Skagit Valley!)

But for everyone else?!? There's no excuse!!!

Their, there, and they're are all separate words with separate meanings!

Two, to, and too. Different.

Weather and whether. Different.

Your and you're. DIFFERENT!!!


 I seriously feel my blood begin to boil every stinking time someone else answers a question and their response is riddled with glaring grammatical errors. Like.... how are you doing well in COLLEGE?!?! These are senior-level classes, for Pete's sake!

Grumblegrumblegrumble

Can you facepalm someone else, or does that constitute abuse?

Just wondering...


2 comments:

  1. Proper grammar is the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

    ReplyDelete