Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The hammer of the gods

First of all, it figures that I would have a good hair day when it is pouring rain outside and my mane's good behavior will inevitably be ruined just walking to the car. Lame.

Second, I'm a little bitter because I have that new Daft Punk song stuck in my head and it's really annoying me. I can't say that I've ever been the biggest fan of Daft Punk (nor have I particularly disliked them... I've been mostly apathetic to their musical stylings), but this song has crawled under my skin and proceeded to irritate me worse than a week-old splinter.

Which leads me into my topic de jour- music.

I am a total music junkie. I have it playing pretty much constantly throughout my day (apart from when I am doing school work, as I have the attention span of a gnat).

It has largely been agreed that I was born in the wrong decade, as the majority of my musical tastes are from the late '60s through the late '70s. I do however (contrary to some opinions) make room for newer stuff.

Occasionally.

(Loving the folksy indie trend happening in new music right now!)

I have a pretty varied musical collection, and my tastes are... eclectic, to put it nicely.

Metallica.

Traveling Wilbury's.

Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young. ('Helpless' is probably my favorite!)

Fleet Foxes.

Mumford & Sons.

Buck Cherry.

Cake.

The Who.

Pink Floyd.

Rolling Stones.

Tom Petty.

Fleetwood Mac.

Ray LaMontagne.

Queen.

The Lumineers.

Supertramp.

Stone Temple Pilots.

Bob Seger.

John Cougar Mellencamp.

George Thorogood.

Plain White T's.

Random country like Garth Brooks, Tim McGraw, and Brooks & Dunn.

Guilty pleasures like Def Leppard, Journey, Air Supply, Ray Stevens, and Aqua.

They all find a happy little place on my iPod.

(But no 'pop'. Because standards)

But my all time favorite is Led Zeppelin.

So, so, SO many of my favorite songs are Zeppelin songs. There's one for every mood, situation, feeling, and thought process. There's slinky, sexy songs. Loud, crazy songs. Beautiful, melodic songs.

And they're all amazing.

John Bonham on the drums? No one compares.

Jimmy Page's guitar? Epic.

Robert Plant singing? Sexy, slinky, daring, screeching, amazing.

I won't even bother trying to list my favorite Zeppelin songs, because there are simply way too many.

Suffice it to say, my day revolves around music, and a large portion of that music is Led Zeppelin. And I'm good with that!

When I'm not listening to my iPod or a CD, the radio stations I tend to stick to are 102.5 KZOK, 99.9 KISW, 107.7 The End, and 103.7 The Mountain (although I almost broke up with The Mountain recently on account of them playing a Nickleback song... an unforgivable sin against music).

Between these four stations, pretty much all of my musical needs are met, and with such a wide variety in my tastes, that's not an easy accomplishment!

Music, in my world, equals happiness. Music is my zen. Music is my meditation, my I Ching, my Dao.

Music is my sanity.

Music is my everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment