Sunday, May 12, 2013

Raining men at Le Faux

First of all, Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

Okay.

So the drag show.

Suffice it to say the evening did not go as planned.

The show was entertaining, and the host, Isaac Scott, was fabulous.

I would probably go again, but I would change a few variables.

So let's break this down, shall we?

The original plan was to take my mom down there for her birthday. We would pay for her ticket and her meal, watch the show, all that good stuff. Well, it turns out that, for one, the gal that I spoke with when I made the reservations gave me some misinformation (like, you know, pricing, seating, all that somewhat important nonsense), and two, I had misguided expectations of the evening.

The misinformation snafu meant that I didn't bring enough cash with me, and the girl specifically said to bring cash. Strike one.

The misguided expectations were a big strike two and strike three.

Strike two: in my mind I was expecting a Cage Aux Folles kind of situation, where you sit at the same table for your dinner and to watch the show.

But no.

We were shuffled around like cattle by a fairly rude German man. And ended up sitting in these horribly uncomfortable wooden chairs where we had to wait for over an hour for the show itself to even start.

Strike three? Was the ridiculously drunk women next to us who, for one, are way too old to act like that and drink that much, and two, were horribly disruptive and disrespectful to the audience and the performers. They were a bunch of hot messes... minus the hotness.

There was also the awkwardness of my sister's friend who decided at the last minute to come with us, only she refuses to speak to me.

Like, literally.

She and my sister have been friends for... oh... over ten years now? And this chick has literally never said a word to me. Apparently she is afraid of me because she thinks I'm super pretty and therefore scary, and I guess her natural reaction is to just be Frosty the Snow Bitch to me.

Whatever. I tried to talk with her and engage her in the conversation, but to no avail. It was awkward, to say the least. Especially considering I planned the entire thing. But yeah. Ignore me. Not that I'm annoyed or anything...

Overall, the experience was... alright. The food was alright. The performers were pretty good. The host was awesome. My mom had fun, which was the important part.

So like I said, I think I would go again, only this time with my friends. You know, people who will actually acknowledge my existence!

No comments:

Post a Comment