Wednesday, March 27, 2013

It's the REALLY simple things in life, amiright?

So... Day 3 of my spring break, and I've come to a not-so-startling, and yet still very pathetic realization: I lead a very... shall we say... simple life.

Small things make me giggle like a school girl happy.

I find ridiculous amounts of enjoyment out of situations that others may take for granted.

Let me give you a for instance.

In light of the recent spring-like weather, I painted my toenails.

Yes. That's right.

Painted. My. Toenails.

For most people, this would be just a regular part of their beauty or self-pampering regimen. But for me, Queen of the Short Attention Span?

IT WAS A FREAKING PARTY!

I'm sad, I know. It's okay to judge. I judge myself.

But here's the thing. It was genuinely a treat, and I'll explain why. First of all, it's been winter, and I don't see the point of painting your toenails in the dead of winter. No one sees your feet, so why have pretty toenails? That's like getting (your toes) all dressed up with no place to go. Second, as a mom of three and a full-time student, having the free time to pamper myself is rare. Hell, it takes me three months just to get around to making a hair appointment. My poor stylist, she gets so aggravated at me! But it is what it is, and I'm sure any other mom can relate (well, at least the ones without a full time staff). There is always, I repeat, always something more important to focus your attention on than yourself.

But you know what? Sometimes us moms just need to make it happen. Don't just pencil in that hair appointment or manicure or, you know, shower (here's looking at you, new moms!)

Write that bitch on the calendar in permanent marker and make it happen. Trust me, your sanity (and self-esteem) will thank you.

Anyway, back to my not-a-big-deal-to-anyone-but-me pedicure.

When I finally do get around to painting my nails, I'm a little uppity about what brand of polish to use. Because if I'm going to take the time out to make my digits pretty, dammit I want it to last! Not chip within the first day (or less, if you're really scraping the bottom of the bargain nail polish barrel).

I use OPI. It's a little spendy compared to other brands, but it lasts. And my little piggies are rocking Bogata Blackberry like it's no one's business!

No comments:

Post a Comment