Wednesday, March 13, 2013

D'oh!

So... hi!

Yeah, I know, I fell off the grid again. Life has a funny way of sneaking up on you.

(suddenly I find myself humming Alanis Morissette)

Anyway, I've been ridiculously busy the last several days, and it doesn't look like it's going to slow down in the next couple of weeks, so I'm just trying to squeak out a little time to update you all (you know, all... two of you...) about my goings on.

First of all, I finally got my hair cut, so I no longer look like a homeless hippie (no offense to homeless hippies, just seeing as how I'm not one, you probably don't want me representing you!)

Second, I got my treadmill, and it's been kicking my soon-to-be-firm ass. And I've been liking it.

But there is one thing I've learned the hard way. Rookie mistake, maybe. Or I'm an idiot. Either way.

Anyway, last night we were watching an episode of Season 4 of Battlestar Galactica (damn you Felix Gaeta!). I was running on the treadmill whilst watching TV (it's better for me to have a distraction, otherwise I get bored and give up too early), and I was running in socks. This would be the idiot move.

Apparently I was too lazy to walk across my house to put on my running shoes or something. Isn't irony great?

Anyway, between the socks and the show as a distraction, by the time the treadmill's program was done I hadn't realized that two of my toes on my right foot hurt. I didn't pay it much attention at first, assuming I was just a little worn out from running for so long. But after awhile I finally pulled my sock off and examined my foot.. to find a big ol' blister on my second toe...

*facepalm*

So yeah. Don't run for 30 minutes in socks, kids! Turns out, that isn't the greatest idea.

See, it's things like this that have given me the (totally deserved) reputation of being clumsy. I've even been given my own reference. When you do something random to hurt yourself, or you do (or fail to do) something incredibly obvious, it has now been dubbed "Pulling a Sarah".

You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment