Monday, January 13, 2014

Something wicked this way comes...

I mean school, of course.

Winter quarter is officially upon me. Like an elephant sitting on my chest.

It's gonna be hell, ladies and and gents. Utter hell!

My sociology class should be fine. It's the same instructor I had for last quarter's sociology class (who was awesome), only this is a much lower level class. So easy peasy there.

My econ class I'm still unsure of, because we don't have any papers this quarter (hallelujah), but we have "homework assignments" every other week. Now, in classes past, such "homework assignments" ranged anywhere from "no biggie" to pulling my hair out "are you kidding me?!?", depending on the class. So that's the big unknown. But I've tended to like econ classes in the past, so fingers crossed!

My psychology class?

Oh. Dear. God.

My instructor is already an utter nightmare, and the class has barely even started yet. Her instructions for how she wants us to do the discussion questions and class responses? So unbelievably specific. Like, word count, exact time frame, number of sources cited, etc.

Her introduction to the class was like 10 paragraphs long. Most teachers'? Two or three. At most.

The typical class requires you to have submitted your discussion question answers by Wednesday at midnight, then responded to the specified number of other students' answers by Sunday at midnight. You can respond to other students at any point during the week as long as you fulfill the set requirements.

Not so in this class. We are NOT ALLOWED to respond to other students before Wednesday afternoon, but we have to have our initial three responses done by Thursday at noon. Then, and only then, can we proceed with "further discussion". And we are not allowed to end a conversation. Out of things to say? Too bad! Keep it going! And we have to respond to any question she opens up to the class in another student's discussion thread. And we have to include sources to support all of our opinions. And on and on and on.

Suffice it to say, I regret taking psychology already. I thought it would be an interesting class. Not a tedious OCD-fest.

I keep reminding myself that this is only temporary. That it's a means to an end- my degree. That I only have two quarters left before I am done with school forever.

Like my grandma always says, "This, too, shall pass".

I just don't know yet if my sanity will pass with it!

So just a heads up, my blogging may dry up in the coming ten weeks as I try to keep up with my insane school demands.

And that sound you hear?

That's just me having a mental and emotional breakdown along the way.

Pay no attention to the crazy lady sitting in the corner rocking back and forth, muttering to herself and weeping silently. She's just the fool who decided to take on an extra course load!

No comments:

Post a Comment