Saturday, December 7, 2013

Baby, it's cold outside

So in case you missed it, a huge chunk of the U.S. has been hit by a vicious cold snap.

We're part of it too, though apparently the national news has forgotten that Wyoming exists. (Then again, I used to forget Wyoming existed too, you know, before I moved here!)

To sum up: it's freaking cold!!!

Like, record-breaking, shockingly, unusually cold. For instance, today is a "warm" day, it we're supposed to have a high of 6 degrees. Yes, 6. As in, well below freezing.

But hey, it least it isn't a high in the negatives, like it was the past couple of days…

Put on a couple extra layers and buck up!

We've also had The Husband's mother visiting us this past week, and she has let us know under no uncertain terms how cold it is. Apparently it would be warmer to live in the Arctic than in Wyoming…

With all the complaining she has done, you'd think she lived on some tropical island in the South Pacific, and not some place that actually gets more snow and just as cold of temperatures as we do here. It would figure that Mother Nature would decide to misbehave when my MIL is in town…

I'm sure some how this will end up being my fault! Because clearly I'm in control of the weather and use its power solely to inconvenience others...

Besides freezing our nubs off, things have also been incredibly busy. School has been a struggle for me this quarter, for some reason. My classes aren't necessarily particularly difficult, and I've actually enjoyed the subject matter, but since the move I feel like I'm just barely keeping up. And this coming week I have two papers due, two quizzes due, a fuller work load than normal… and my sister-in-law and brother-in-law are flying into town…

How I'm going to juggle it all, I don't know. I'm going to try and get one of the papers done this weekend and turn it in early, and beyond that, I may have to be fairly anti-social and sequester myself in the bedroom doing schoolwork. But we warned everyone that the kids and I would still have school when they were here visiting, so I guess it is what it is.

Today, though, I have festive plans! Since the past week has been so hectic, I'm behind on my decorating. I'm usually the one whose house looks like the North Pole puked in it the weekend after Thanksgiving, so the fact that my tree isn't even done yet?

Shameful!

So I'm going to finish my decorating today. I also have a crap ton of Christmas cookies to make.

(Yes, crap ton is an official form of measurement)

Then tonight, The Husband and I are going to a "traveling Christmas party" that his department is putting on. We'll be having appetizers at one person's house, the main meal at another's, and desert and gifts at a third. It sounds like fun, and I'm honestly looking forward to getting out of the house for a few hours.

We're also going to try and squeeze in some super secret Christmas shopping too, though I'm not sure if we'll have the time today.

Either way though, it's time to get my Christmas on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment